Tuesday, June 10, 2008

AM I GOING TO GOA or NOT?

I could not contain my excitement…
After more than two decades and innumerable trips to my hometown GOA… This trip would be different… It had to be because we had well planned this trip… Here I am referring to me and my husband.. Well it was not the first time that we had visited Goa after marriage but the first trip was a short one to attend a marriage…

I was excited… we were looking forward to this one… But the first deterrent turned out to be a shorter holiday since my entire leave was not approved… However I decided to make the most of what I had… The next blow was even harder… My dad developed Bell’s Palsy exactly 8 days before we were to go… He was admitted… hospitalised for three days and we were really worried… After a lot of reading and research on the subject I was all the more determined to go since this would be a good break for my dad… The entire family together.. My uncle, aunts, mom, dad, my fun cousins, nephew and of course my dear husband…

But then started all the drama.. My mom was not too keen, my uncle and aunt only aided her.. But persistent that I was, I told them that I would take him alone if they choose not to come.. Well in the end … it was my way.. The entire family on the way to Goa….

But we were 10 of us… Two groups if I could divide us into.. Two distinct groups.. Let’s call one as the traditional group and the other the fun group… While we left on the 17th of May to drive to Goa they boarded the train on the 19th.. And from here on the fun begins…

No comments: